Operatives of Decoy Squad led by Assistant superintendent Julius Robinson acting on credible intelligence on a syndicate that specializes in defrauding unsuspecting victims of their hard-earned money, the operatives stormed Ogwashi-Uku town and arrested the following suspects.
(1) Allison Louis ‘m’ 27yrs a native of Numan LGA of Adamawa state.
(2) Sunday David ‘m’ 22yrs a native of Oturkpo Benue state.
(3) Peter Akagbai ‘m’ 20yrs from Umuokwe Quarters of Ogwashi-Uku.
(4) Chibuzor Elumeze ‘m’ 23yrs from Ogbenta-Obi Quarters in Ogwashi-Uku.
Exhibit recovered from the syndicate includes:
(1) tricycle, fifteen
(15) different bank ATM cards.
During the course of the investigation, the suspects confessed to a series of frauds committed within the Ogwashi-uku and Asaba metropolis with POS operators and filling stations as their major victims.
The suspects stated that they go to filling stations, POS operators, and supermarkets, purchase items and also make withdrawals with their ATM cards, and then call their banks and give a false complaint that the transaction was not successful.
The banks without due investigation will then wrongly debit the victims and credit the accounts of the suspects.
They have so far defrauded their various victims several millions of naira. Further Investigation is ongoing.
Credit: DSP BRIGHT EDAFE,
POLICE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
DELTA STATE COMMAND, ASABA.