Somebody forwarded the message below to my Whatsapp this afternoon. I believe this is a scam, please don’t fall victim.
Embassy of the Federal Republic of Nigeria Washington, DC, USA E-Visa Announcement.
This is to inform all the Nigerian Passport holders that following the demise of over 55,000 Americans who died from COVID 19, President Donald Trump has informed our mission here in America that the United States of American shall grant 5,000 Nigerians free work visa for two years. This was communicated to our Mission during the Presidential Task Force Briefing on Covid 19 and economic reform via the Deputy Head of Mission Dr. J. B. Adams, in Washington DC, on Friday 24th day of April, 2020.
The Embassies of the various missions in America has been entrusted with the duty. Nigerian Nationals interested in the American Visa are requested to follow these guidelines:
1. Must possess a valid Passport issued by the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The bio-data page of the passport must be sent to the official email of the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Nigeria Washington, DC at: [email protected].
2. You must not write any notes or attach any other credentials while sending your passport biodata page. No introduction is required. Therefore, only your passport must be submitted via our official email [email protected] and not through any other medium.
3. Those who have been denied American visas in the past are required to participate actively by sending their Passport biodata page to [email protected]. To better help them, they are also advised to call the embassy with a clear explanation of their previous visa denial experience via the following:
4. No visa application fee is required. And applicant must be within 35 to 55 years of age. There must not be any written application stressing one’s religious or political affiliations. This will receive an immediate sanction. There must be no additional message via the email intending to incite or remind the embassy of your passport.
5. Those carefully selected shall be officially contacted by the American Homeland Security and will be advised further on their traveling arrangements and accommodation.
6. Relatives of the prospective visa applicants who are based in America or Canada are not permitted to contact the embassy on behalf of their loved ones. This will attract an immediate sanction.
7. Health and professional workers are encouraged to utilize this opportunity. We advise you to contact the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Nigeria Washington DC, immediately after sending your passport biodata page for further advice via the following:
8. Deadline: 15th of May, 2020. Selected persons must be compulsorily quarantined by the Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria for a period of 2 weeks before departure to the United States of America. Upon arrival, they must also be isolated for a period of 1 week in America before any other business.
For more information, call the following numbers for assistance.
Ambassador Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor
Head of Mission.
(Embassy of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
3519 International Court, NW
Washington, DC 20008
Tel: (202) 800 7201 (Ext.113)
Email: [email protected])